29 de novembro de 2012

Boston vs New York



What do I know about Boston and NYC? I dont know that much, but I can give you my opinion because I've lived in both cities Boston and NYC I mean not Boston but Framingham, MA which is very close from Boston and I always go to Boston because I think Framingham is very quiet.
NYC and Boston are both big cities, but very different in feeling. I love those cities and they are very beautiful cities, however Boston is more fancy than NYC and some parts of NYC are very dirty.


                                                Cambrige area in Boston and bicycles.


I like cambrige, somerville and quincy they are very near to Boston and They are pretty diverse. there are people from all over the world and the city of Boston is a little over 50% black people, but other suburban town is Boston are overwhelmingly white people though some suburban have a higher percentage of asian residents like Turkey and Russian every wesdnesday I have conversation class at the library and there are a big amount of Russian people.

 Framingham town and cushing Park.

                                                     Mount Vernon Town, NY

The area is very diverse, but not as diverse as NYC. No Comparison!!! Being safe kind of depends where you are in Boston or NYC because crimes exits everywhere, but most of the worst violent crimes happen in small neigborhoods as in Framingham, MA or Bronx, NY, but this is what people says I dont think so. Anyway, I find that Boston is pretty safe, but a lot of NYC is pretty safe too.

Rents are almost always lower in MA than NYC. Of course There are some places expensives like back bay, Becan hill are pretty expensives, but still cheaper than NYC. A lot of other things are cheaper in Boston than NYC like Subway, car insurance, gas and groceries. For exemplo: when I was living in NYC my room rent was 450,00 and here in Framingham is 350,00 of course in NY my room was better than here and the city that I lived was very near to Manhattan and I spent more money with food over there than here.


                                                       House in Framingham, MA
 
House in White Plains, NY.
 
My simple and cheap room in Framingham.
 
                                                       My last room in NYC
 

Boston's Public Transportation in my opinion are good, but from Framingham to Boston are vey bad, they dont have a good schedule and shut down very early and the service is not good here. NYC's subway they are good, but if you dont know the are or dont have any map you can get lost and crazy easily. When I came to NYC the subway drove me crazy sometimes because it is too crowded and there is a big distance to cover and I need to transfer many time and it could take a long to get home, but for me NYC's transportation still the best one in USA and NYC is the only place you will not need a car for anything. Its easy in NYCto find apt or hotelvery near to the subway, but in Boston I really dont know about it.
 
 
 
                                              train station in Framingham to Boston
 
 
 
                                              Subway in Manhattan, NYC 
People in Boston are healthier and looks more beautiful than NYC. People in NYC are always rush and they alwways say: "TIME IS MONEY". If you go to boston like in Cambrige you will see most the people running at the Park, riding bicycle or walking, but in NYC if you do that you need to be carefull because there is a lot of traffic and the taxi cabs are very crazy in the city or you can only do your exercise at the Central Park.

                                                      Central Park, NYC


                                                Park in Boston.
The women have diferent bevarior in NYC. They are more sexy, agressive and pushy than over here in Boston. They always say: "if you dont take the guy another one will come and take it". In the beginning I thought it was so agressive, but now I can understand and other adverbs they always say is: "WHEN IN ROME, DO WHAT THE ROMANS DO".

English they always some program for free in Boston, you dont learn english because you dont want not because you dont time or even dont have money. In NYC they have some english program for free like here, but you need wait for long time and sometimes they are not good like here, at the end you have to pay for it. Since I move here I got some english classes like conversation and pronunciation and I got as well a tutor so Im studying enlgish and I dont pay anything, isnt amazing!!?

Well, Im not an american girl I'm from Brazil and I dont think that I can give you any advice or opnions, but I would recomended vititing both cities for at least a week to get a true feeling for them and use the public transpotation in both cities during rush hour.
Anyway, if you are backpacking or visiting just go to both cities, it is worth!! but if you are looking for a job or oportunities those are good as well, but you should know how much your future income will be and ask yourself about the cost of livig in these cities and then you can make up your mind.


                                                  Boston vs New York
                                                  Red sox soccer vs Yakeens.

2 comentários:

Desabafa ai: